Testing your Abilities, Tips to Avoid burn out.
Are you feeling a little burnout? Ever test your gains? Following are few great goals to try.
Before any good work out, appropriate warmups are necessary. Many times, people discount the importance of warming up. Any good athlete knows this is a must to help avoid injury and better your overall workout. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Start with a one-mile jog or walk, then follow with a simple stretch routine.
- Arm circles. Ten rotation to front and back, repeat twice.
- Tricep stretches—Overhead and crossbody.
- Standing hamstring stretch.
- Standing Calf stretch into Achilles.
- Standing inner thigh stretches.
- Hold each stretch for 30 to 60 seconds. Avoid overstretching, keeping stretches moderate to your abilities.
Below is one example of a fitness test. You can create your own. Fun to see how your body’s ability increases with a consistent strength training program. Take note; these are bodyweight exercises.
- 40 pushups in 2 mins
- 40 sit-ups in 2 mins
- 40 flutter kicks in 2 mins
- 40 jumping jacks in 2 mins
- 40 body squats in 2 mins
- 40 walking lunges in 2 mins
- 40 pullups assisted or bodyweight in 2 mins. This one is tough!